FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
–Bill Barron, candidate, 801-699-5705, firstname.lastname@example.org
BARRON RUNNING FOR U.S. CONGRESS, RIDING FOR CLIMATE
Single-Issue Candidate for Utah’s Second District to Cover It on His Bike
Sept. 3, 2014 — SALT LAKE CITY – A candidate for the U.S. Congress in Utah who is neither right nor left, Democrat nor Republican, career politician nor lifetime public servant is hitting the road. He won’t be riding on a bus, in a charter plane or driving a limo. He will be covering the 600 miles of Utah’s District 2 on a road bike – to demonstrate his commitment to his campaign.
One issue: Climate. One solution: Action.
Community members at every stop on Barron’s tour are invited and encouraged to join him for a free discussion of the threats posed by climate change and the urgent need to address the issue with Federal legislation. Climate undeniably affects everyone, and although it is a topic of ardent discussion by Utahns (especially in January), no other candidate is addressing it with this focus in the election.
I am focused as a single-issue candidate because I believe that climate change is the most important issue of our time. My candidacy provides an opportunity for citizens to make a statement to Washington: they want our nation’s leaders to step up and take significant action. Now.
WHO: Bill Barron is a candidate for U.S. Congress, District 2 in Utah (unaffiliated)
WHAT: Bill Barron Running for Congress – Riding for Climate
HOW: Nine-day bike tour of the District from Salt Lake City to Torrey, Utah
WHEN: Beginning Friday, Sept. 5 2:00 p.m. and finishing Saturday, Sept. 13 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: (additional locations to be added as trip progresses, check website for updates)
- Fri. Sept. 5 – Salt Lake send-off
- Tracy Aviary entrance plaza in Liberty Park 2:00 p.m.
- Momentum Recycling plant, 658 S. 4050 West, at approximately 3 – 3:15 p.m.
- Tooele City Park, 55 N. 200 West, Tooele, at 6:00 p.m.
- Sat. Sept 6 – Tooele to Delta
- Delta City Park/Library, 76 N. 200 West, Delta, 5:00 p.m.
- Sun. Sept. 7 – Delta to Milford
- Mon. Sept. 8 – Milford to Cedar City
- Tues. Sept. 9 – Cedar City to St. George
- Confluence Park, 1850 S Convention Center Drive, St. George, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Wed. Sept. 10 – St. George to Springdale to Kanab
- Springdale Town Park, 126 Lion Bouldvard, Springdale, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Kanab Public Library, 374 N. Main St., Kanab, 8:30 p.m.
- Thurs. Sept. 11 – Kanab to Tropic
- Residence at 333 W. 200 N. in Tropic, 7:30 p.m.
- Fri. Sept. 12 – Tropic to Boulder
- Boulder Town Hall, 351 N. 100 E., 6:00 p.m.
- Sat. Sept. 13 – Boulder to Capitol Reef
- Sat. Sept. 13 – Celebration of the Bike Campaign in Torrey
- Grounds of the Robber’s Roost Bookstore, 185 W. Main St., Torrey, at 4pm
ABOUT BILL BARRON:
Bill Barron is running as an unaffiliated candidate for U. S. Congress in Utah’s 2nd District. Running as a father and concerned citizen, he is the proud father of an 11 year-old daughter and works as a carpenter. He is dedicated to addressing climate change, improving air and water quality and the health of the environment. Barron believes that voters cannot wait for someone else to take the lead on these critical issues, but they must take action and lead. He is prepared to do just that.
For more information, read Barron’s website: www.barron2014.com.